Thursday, March 24, 2011

Best Friends

Carson and Tucker are best friends.  He really loves tucker.   And, I think that Tucker secretively enjoys Carson as well.  Ok, well at least I think that he does.  He may run away from him, or hide from him sometimes....but I think he does enjoy him.  Not to mention, Tucker is very tolerable when it comes to Carson.  Carson will lay on him, pull his tail, play with his mouth, poke at him while he is eating, etc....and Tucker won't do anything.  Other than run away.  I think that is his "warning" to us that he has had enough.  So, we usually try and keep Carson away from him.  But, you get the picture. 

Carson really is nice to him....sometimes.  He will pet him........

And shake hands/paws with him........

And give kisses.........

And lay by him (or on him)..........

And, pretty much act like he is putting a human muzzle on him.  You can tell in this picture that Carson is laughing, because he must find it funny.  Tucker, probably doesn't.  I can only imagine what is going through that little dog's head.  This is about the time that I intervene, and tell him to "be nice to the puppy"......

Carson also really enjoys feeding Tucker.  It is so darn cute to watch him do it.  He will grab the cup to feed him, and wait by the door while we fill it with food.  Then he will go and dump it in his bowl.  Sometimes he makes it in the bowl, and sometimes....not so much.  Regardless, I think he enjoys doing the task.  He will then put the cup back in the cupboard where it belongs.  This boy already has a chore under his belt mastered!  ha. 

Here are a few videos of Carson feeding Tucker. Check out for yourself how cute the task is :)




Carson still finds joy in trying on my shoes.  He doesn't really touch Daddy's boots much (maybe because they weigh about as much as he does) but he will always go for mine. 

This picture makes me laugh.  It looks like he is mad because I caught him trying on "girly" shoes, and his Daddy has told him that is not appropriate, because he is not a girl.  Or, he is trying to tell me he has to go to the bathroom.  Either one, it's cute......because he has the "you caught me" look on his face. 

And, who could resist a cute little diaper butt equipped with an adorable little puppy face on it?  Not me!

We have also discovered recently that Carson has quite the sweet tooth.  I think I have passed that not-so-good addiction, or craving, or bad habit, or whatever you want to call it, on to Carson.  Oops!  The boy loves desserts...especially ice cream, I can't help it.  Ok, maybe I could, because if *I* wouldn't be eating it to begin with, I wouldn't know he liked it in the first place, but whatever.  Details :) 




There's the "You caught me" look again!  I love it. 


I think it is amazing what excites you as you get older, and enter into Parenthood.  2 years ago, for my birthday, I was asking for maternity clothes.  A little different celebration than the previous year, as it was my 21st birthday.  Last year, for the my birthday, I asked for a new "big boy" car seat for Carson.  This year, I am asking for a bike trailer to pull our little guy in.  I absolutely love the transformation into parenthood.  Now, I am getting excited about a new highchair that just got delivered today.  I get so giddy when I hear the UPS truck stopping out front of our house.  I just so happened to be home today on my lunch break, for this beauty to be delivered.  Oh, how things have changed in just the past few years.  Who would have ever thunk that at the age of 23 (almost 24!) I would be looking at purchasing a minivan?  True story!  Maybe you just have to know me to really understand that this is kind of crazy to actually be happening.  Once the girl who swore to never own a minivan, is doing some hardcore research about them!   



And, it's ALL for this little soul.  This amazing little soul.  Who, has changed our lives forever.  I really do wonder everyday what we did without him.  He has changed us so much, but all for the better.  He has touched our lives so much in these short 17 months of living.  Its amazing.  Truly, amazing! 


Check out that raised eyebrow!  He is such a character.

He has also done a lot of falling down these days....on purpose!  I have no idea why, but he does it quite often.  He will prep himself, and then fall to his knees, and then to his belly.  Ohhh Carson, you are somethin' else :) 



Carson was kind of down and out today.  He wasn't really himself, and woke up covered in vomit this morning.  He had another little episode of vomiting this afternoon.  I am not real sure what is going on, but hoping it exits his system soon.  It sounds like he had/has a touch of the flu.  We are hoping he wakes up rejuvenated, and back to himself in the morning.  We think Daddy has the weekend off, so we have a lot of family fun planned that we hope he feels better for!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you give me the chance to watch Carson feed Tucker though I am in IN - especially that you caught a glimpse of him with his hands behind his back. Pretty darn cute! But I enjoy all of it and appreciate the time and effort you put into it, Ang. Good Stuff.

    ReplyDelete