Monday, June 20, 2011

Petting Zoo

Carl and I decided to take Carson on a little field trip on Saturday night.  The weather was beautiful, and we wanted to do something fun with our little Wee Lad.  Not to mention, Carl had the night off---woo hoo!

Carson loves animals, so we decided to take him to the petting zoo.  Oh, what a fun time it was!  We all had such a blast.  Carson LOVED it, and we could really tell he was enjoying himself.  And, let me tell you, he has no fear when it comes to animals!  He is so shy when it comes to other people, but put him in front of a donkey, or a chicken, and this little boy is golden!  Ha.  He makes me giggle.  But, seriously.  He is not afraid one bit. 

The petting zoo had........kittens.


Chickens and ducks........


Carson's personal favorite, the donkeys.........




Goats and sheep.....


Pigs......


Bunnies........



Chicks.....


Miniature Horses.......


Peacocks......


Caron's favorite animal was the donkey.  He loved to pet them, and poke at them.  He even got so friendly, he was poking at it's eye ball.  Like---his actual eye ball.  We told him to be nice to the donkey....so he tried to hug him.  Ohh, he is such a lover!


Carson also got the opportunity to feed the animals.  He gave the donkey a carrot, which---the donkey pretty much ate his hand, and he just laughed.  He also fed the cow, goats, sheep, chicks, and pig.  He was just lovin' it all.  We let him roam around...wherever he wanted to go.  The night was all about him, and he was havin' a blast....as we all were!


I loved watching Carson's face light up when he saw a new animal, or got to stick his hand through the fence, in an attempt to touch the goats, rabbits, and pig.  The animals were all so friendly, which was so neat.


When it was time to go, he followed us to the van, and didn't fuss a bit.  That makes me so proud.  He was gibbering when we left, and it was so cute to hear.  I think he was telling us all about how much he enjoyed the evening with us, and being surrounded by the animals!  He is such a sweetheart.


Carl and I are still talking about how much fun we had that night.  I think a trip back to the petting zoo will be in our future!  To hear Carson's little squeal when he gets excited is to die for.  It is the sound of satisfaction.  And that makes me so happy.


I think this is my favorite picture from our little field trip.  It is so darn cute.  He is just waiting patiently.  I wish I knew what was running through his head!

The Butler County Fair is going on this week.  We are already trying to figure out when we can make our way to Allison to check out all the animals.  Carson will love it, I am sure! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start my day-with a few giggles about Carson!!! These pictures, again, are precious as they can be and especially the one with his hands behind his back. AND, what a lucky boy he is to have loving, devoted, nurturing parents like you and Carl. I am very proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete