Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our First Thanksgiving Celebration

It's that wonderful time of the year.  My favorite time of the year, actually.  The Holidays.

I love everything that comes with holidays.  The hustle and bustle, good cheer, smiles, and many, many things to be thankful for.


Last weekend we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Sents' house for our first Thanksgiving celebration of the year.  My G&G are one of many things that are on my list of things I thank the Lord for.  I have all of my Grandparents still alive, and I can't even begin to explain to you how lucky that makes me feel.


My Grandmother is an "old fashioned" Grandma.  Ya know, the one that enjoys cooking a homemade meal, sews, and bakes like you wouldn't believe.  I have so many fond memories spent with my Grandparents growing up.  I really need to get my paws on some pictures from back in the day.

With that being said, we all know that when we go to G&G Sents' house, we will never have a shortage of food.  There is always an abundance amount.  Pair that with a Thanksgiving feast, and it will leave you filled to the brim.



It is always such a joy to get everyone together.  My Dad's side of the family is figuratively pretty small.  We always try our best to get everyone together, and I am so thankful that we are able to do so.


The kids always have so much fun when they all get together.  Kaylee thought Carson was pretty funny.  It's so fun and cute to see them all interact with each other.




My Aunt Denise and Uncle John weren't able to make it to Carson's birthday party last month, so they brought his gift along for him to open.  He got a new favorite of his- a frog game, and a block set of puzzles.  She always gives the neatest gifts, and we are so thankful! 



Carson doesn't really have the patience to try and put all of blocks in their correct position to make the puzzle correct, but he does enjoy putting them all away, and naming off all of the colors and counting the blocks.  That works too, I guess :) 



Grandma decided it was her turn to try and play Carson's new game.  Carson laughed as she threw the pieces to stick on the frogs face.  It was so funny.  


My Sister, Nathan, and Natalie were unable to attend due to my sister getting sick.  We missed them dearly, as the family get together just wasn't the same.  

This was our first Thanksgiving celebration of the year.  It's such a wonderful reminder, as we are surrounded by loved ones, just how truly blessed we are with everything we have.  

1 comment:

  1. It's always fun for me to see pictures of the Sents Family and the little ones playing on the floor. Thanks, Ang.

    ReplyDelete