Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day weekend was an eventful one this year.  It was all about Carl....for the whole weekend. So, we jump kicked his weekend off on Friday, and has some fun in the sun. Per Daddy's request, of course. 







We spent Friday evening at Chris and Kasey's celebrating my Dad. Papa Mike. We had good food, great company, and enjoyed watching and helping Papa open his gift.


On Saturday the festivities continued.  We had more fun playing outside as a family!  I think this is a new favorite Summer activity for all of us.  Carl and I sit and talk about how the scenery, that is right in front of us, is what we have both dreamed of for our family.  I have always had this vision in my head of what my family would look like.  And this is exactly it.  I am living the dream, baby. 









Saturday evening we celebrated another important man in our lives.  Papa Brouwer.  We had more food, more great company, and so much fun playing with the cousins.  That would include wrestling with Jared, and Uncle Mike. 


This is the delicious brownie truffle I made for that evening's supper.  It was a huge hit, and tastes just as good as it looks.  It is to die for, to say the least!

On Sunday, we honored the Main Man in our lives.  Daddy.  He is one amazing man, that's for sure.  He is truly an amazing Husband, and even better Father.  He is exactly what I have prayed and dreamed of for my children.  They are both so lucky to have him as their Daddy.  We are all so blessed by him.  I love these two boys' Daddy so much, and they will always know that. 





Carson and I also had a lot of fun making a gift for Dad.  Carson loves to finger paint, so this activity was perfect for him!







Carl's Father's Day request was pretty simple, so we granted his wishes.  He wanted to spend the day outside playing in our pool, followed with a steak supper.  Check, and check!  We did both of them.  And we all had a blast! 

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!  You are so amazing, and we thank God for you everyday!  We all love you so much.

1 comment: