Monday, August 8, 2011

Friday Highlights

Let me start out this post by saying.........I am LOVING having Fridays off.  I get to spend an extra day with my Wee Lad, and I also get to squeeze some time in with my wonderful Hubby, too.  Carl and I see each other about an hour a day during the week, so when Friday rolls around, and I get to see him for more than that.....it is amazing!

This little guys' pants fit him perfectly these days.....he is a MONKEY!  

Carson and I really enjoy playing outside, and we try our best to keep quiet, so Daddy can get some rest in the morning.  We both love to be outside, so my plan usually works. 




Ok, so I will start off by saying I don't have a green thumb.  I can kill just about any flower in about a weeks time.  I love the way they look, but never seem to succeed with them.  So, this is what my flower garden consists of this year.....this ONE flower.  But, I am awfully proud of this ONE flower, because it is so pretty, and is growing wonderfully!  I do hope to have more flowers in the future.  Maybe that will be my goal next year.  



On Friday afternoon, we had a Falls date with the Kalkwarf kids.  I got a call early that morning saying that my good camera was fixed, and ready to be picked up.  Oh, happy day!  I was so excited.  And, since I was heading to CF anyway, I was able to pick it up.  Long story short....this camera is costing us a pretty penny!  But, it takes amazing pictures, so oh well. 




I haven't had an opportunity to take Carson to the Falls yet this year, so I was very excited.  I have been there before, and know that they have a really nice area for smaller children to play in, so I was excited to see him in action.  The weather was kind of goofy on Friday afternoon, and it was either sprinkling or spitting the whole time. That didn't stop us any, though!  It was actually kind of nice, because it cleared people out, and gave us room to roam.  We were walking in, as crowds of people were walking out.  This place is a popular one, and is usually super packed.

The water was a bit chilly, so Carson was kind of timid at first.  The combination of cold water, sprinkling rain, and a short nap was a bit overwhelming for him at first, I think.  But, he warmed up quickly, and found the water slide.  He went down a few times, and had a smile from ear to ear.  This is his comfort zone, apparently.  Flying down water slides, and being a dare-devil.  Our brave little soul stepped it up a notch, and decided to go down the water slide HEAD first!!  He was a bit startled at the bottom, as he landed head down in the water, but that didn't stop him from coughing a bit, and laughing.  It freaked me out, to say the least.  I was not expecting that to happen, at all.  The lifeguard walked over shortly after that, and said the kids are not allowed to go down head first.  I smiled at her, and kind of laughed to myself, because I had no idea our little turkey was going to do that.


We played for a while in the pool, and decided to take a stab at the Lazy River.  That didn't go over very well, so we headed back to the pool area.  He went down the slide, splashed, followed his cousins around, and was having a lot of fun in the water.  We were there for most of the later afternoon, and then decided to wrap up...literally.  The kids' teeth were chattering, so we got everyone wrapped up in towels.

After we left the pool, we decided to treat ourselves to SCRATCH cupcakes.  I had never had one before, so I was very excited to take my first bite of these amazing cupcakes that everyone is always talking about.  And, they are wonderful!  I highly recommend them.  I tried the "Turtle" one, and took home "Chocoholic" and "Chocolate Chip" for Carl.  They are all very delicious.



After the pool, Carson and I ran a few errands, and headed home.  I think we were both winding down, and getting tired.  We were ready for a night at home, just the two of us.  A night of reading books, playing, and a lovely bed time routine.  So, we did just that.  Carson is becoming quite the little reader.  He will grab a book, climb up in his cute little recliner, "read" the book, and do it all over again.  His little voice is so darn cute, and I think I could sit there, and listen to him talk forever.  That was a perfect way to end our Friday together.


 

We had another wonderful Friday together, and look forward to the last few of the Summer! 

1 comment:

  1. I like the head shots of everyone and of the flower, a clematis, and it looks like it will need a taller trellis next year because you did so well with it. Your writing is well done for I felt I was right there with you at the bottom of the slide when Carson came down head first. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete