Monday, August 1, 2011

21 Months

Our little Wee Lad turned 21 months this past weekend.  How that can be, I have no idea.  But, I am sure I will be saying that in about every single post from here on out, when it comes to him getting older, and growing up.  I don't like it one bit, but I know it will happen.

Carson is still as sweet as can be.  He dishes out hugs and kisses when asked, and high-fives to the strangers that he isn't so sure about for a hug or kiss.  He is still my little snuggler, and cuddles up on my chest every night.  I absolutely love my snuggle time with him.  I rock him to sleep every night, and I really enjoy that alone time with him.  I just stare at him, and reflect on his little life that has been given to us.  We have truly been blessed with such an amazing little soul to raise.

Our little man continues to amaze us, and makes us so proud.  There are days where he goes without a nap, and his schedule is messed up, and we don't see any change in his behavior.  We are prepared for the worst, and wait for him to break down in complete exhaustion, and that rarely ever happens.  Carl and I continuously talk about how much joy he brings to us, and how neat of a little boy he is.

Carson's stats:
    -Weight: 23 pounds
    -Height: 30 inches
    -Size of clothing: 12 months shorts, and some 18 months.
                              Some 12 month shirts, but mostly 18 months.
    -Shoe size: 4
    -Diaper size: 4
    -Interests: Carson is really becoming our little fishy these days.  He really enjoys the water, and loves to go to the pool.  Ironically, he is NOT a fan of bath time these days.  I am thinking, and hoping it is just a phase he is going through.  But, for the time being, bath time is a difficult task.  He loves to play in his room with all of his toys, read books, and is always busy.  Carson really likes to keep his fingers busy with things like stickers, his drill, and puzzles.  He also really enjoys playing outside in our backyard, or at the park.

Carson is our little brave boy.  Carl and I can't get over how risky he is, and how he has absolutely no fear.  He will go down the big slide, instead of the little one.  Will jump off the couch, stand on top of our fireplace area, climb up the SIDE of our chair, and somehow-someway climb up our kitchen table chairs, to get to his destination spot---on top of the kitchen table!  Most of the time we are in absolute awe of how this little one of ours is so fearless.

One of Carson's favorite activities right now is wrestling.  Especially with his Daddy.  They both get into it, make "crazy wrestling" noises, and go all out.  It is probably one of the cutest things to witness.  I love to be a spectator, and watch as the two boys have so much fun together.  Carson is also a tough little boy.  The rougher, the better with him.  A lot of times I sit on the sidelines, cringing as he takes a nose dive, and Carson proceeds to laugh.

Carson still loves to copy our every move, and is now trying to say a lot of the words we ask him to.  Some words are understood a lot better than others, obviously, but he is on the right track.  He can say: bye-bye, puppy, mom, daddy, purple, baby, tucker, duck, blue, and many more that he attempts.  His vocabulary is expanding, and it is so fun to hear him say new words.

I can't believe that in a short 3 months, we are going to have a TWO year old.  It is so crazy for me to think about.  Every time I look at Carson, I am reminded of how blessed we are to have this him.  The Lord worked wonders on this little boy, and gave us a gem.  And, I am so proud to call him mine.  OURS. 


We love you so much, our dearest Carson.  You mean the world to us. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you added OURS to your post; certainly you meant Carl but I think of it as the rest of us: grandmas, grandpas, uncles, aunt, cousins and GREAT GRANDMAS. What pleasure he brings to me through your blogs and it makes him so easy to love. You are a great mommy.

    ReplyDelete