Thursday, February 19, 2015

33 Weeks

I don't feel I am doing my best at keeping myself (well, and you) up to date on everything that has been going on lately.  But, I am at least staying on top of (or only a few days late....score!) on the pregnancy posts :)

I was going to dedicate an entire post to Valentine's Day, and then decided it just wasn't worthy of its own post.  Truth be told?  The day was not good.  At all.  Both boys woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I didn't feel well for a majority of the day, and the day was just not good.  Carl and I were both counting down the minutes until bedtime, and that doesn't happen very often.  We are pretty good as a team to stimulate their little minds when needed, separate them when we see a fight brewing, or getting creative when the little humans we live with need a change of scenery.  But Saturday?  Valentine's Day?  None of the above happened.  Except the whining and fighting and more whining.  All of that happened..... in an abundance amount!  Not good.  We both sighed HUGE sighs of relief when the day was done.  We were both so exhausted from dealing with their behavior and attitude all day, we put on Friends, and both called it a night.  We didn't get gifts for each other this year, as we promised each other.  Usually one of us fibs that rule, but this year we both stuck to the plan.  I don't know if it's just our current circumstances, baby #3 on the way, or what......but I am perfectly ok with that.

We did get the boys a gift, because I love to celebrate the little holidays with them, and see their faces light up in excitement!  They also got Valentine's cards in the mail from Grandma Sally, and a huge bag of goodies from Papa and Frannie!  They are very loved, no doubt about that.






I told Carl it was probably a good thing we gave them our gift first thing in the morning, otherwise I would have shipped that sucker back after the day we experienced!  haha :)
I am kind of in the "nesting" mode these days, and I really didn't want to get another plastic thing to set around in the house, but I caved, and we bought them an indoor basketball hoop.  And almost a week later, I can honestly say it was the best money we have spent in a long time!  They are constantly playing with it, they actually play together (usually nicely, too!)  and Dad and Mom get to be involved and have fun with it too.  And, it is causing to add more laundry to the dirty pile too----who would have thought?  Ha!  Every day after school, Carson comes home and picks out a new shirt for he and Weston to wear, because it has to be a "basketball" shirt.  It is usually either a team shirt (Hawkeyes) or a shirt with some sort of sport or number on it.  He picks one out for the both of them, helps Wes get his on the right way, and away they play!





Carson is really showing signs of growing up these days, and it's so fun to see the world through his eyes as he matures.  He is really into basketball right now.  Would rather watch a basketball game on TV than a cartoon, and could care less about what teams are playing.  He chooses a color, and documents the entire game.  "Oh man, blue got 2 points!  Now red got 3 points.  Blue got another 2 points!  My team is winning!"  And so on.  He will do it the entire game if you let him, and don't ask him very nicely and politely to maybe tone it down a bit.  Because while he is shouting all of that information from all of his excitement from these random teams he doesn't even know, he is re-enacting their moves, and is all over the place.  Throwing his little basketball everywhere, and you are either playing dodge the basketball, or pick up whatever he knocked down with said basketball :)

He seems to be an all around sports fan.  He was big into football when it was still on TV, and now he is big into basketball now that it is on TV.  He loves to play them all, so it will be interesting to see what the future brings, and what he decides he would like to play.

Back to my weekly pregnancy post.  This week marks 33 weeks!  Nothing has really changed much, other than I can feel my body slooooowly telling me it wouldn't mind being done soon.  Sleeping is getting hard, and a good night's sleep is pretty rare these days.  I am starting to make a list of the things I would like to get done before she arrives, and it is really starting to sink in that the time is nearing very quickly!  Also----bring on Spring.  We are battling some frigid temps this week (-25 wind chill) and I think we are all getting a little bit of cabin fever. I think I speak for everyone when I say we could use a little Spring in our lives.  Open windows, walks outside, park dates, and a new baby.....in our case :)




And as you can see in this fun little comparison, Baby Girl is growing well :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment