Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring (Or Lack of)

Spring Break doesn't really apply to our family at the moment, beings that Carl and I are not affiliated with a school, and our children are not in school yet.  But, we do get to enjoy the perks of Spring Break when it comes to $1 days in the Cedar Valley.


With me having Fridays off work, I decided to take advantage of that day off, and enjoy it with the boys----doing something fun.

Carrie, Tinley, and Grandma Sally joined us for a fun day at the Phelps Youth Pavillion.  The last time that we were there, I was very pregnant with Weston, which means that was over a year ago.  Carson had fun then, but I think he had even more fun this go-'round.  (I forgot my camera this day, so all of these pictures were taken with my phone.  I can't believe I forgot that big thing.  I am losin it these days.)
















We decided to go right when they opened that morning, at 9:00.  And boy am I glad we made that decision. We were there for a few hours, and it started to get very busy.  We got to enjoy every part of that place, and Carson had so much fun.





Spring hasn't proven itself to be the best thus far.  Just this week did I see a 40-something number come across as being the outside temperature.  The first day of Spring was a high of 30, numerous feet of snow on the ground, followed by more snow that following weekend.

This weekend it is supposed to get into the 50s.  This excites me beyond measures!  Not only have the kiddos in our house reached a complete state of cabin fever, but the adults have as well.  Carl has been working long hours (11-12 hours) these days, which leaves the entertaining solely to me during the evening hours.  And while we have done a pretty good job of either going places, having people over, having play dates, or doing crafts----I am ready to move the partay outside.  Going to the park, and riding our bikes, and going on walks, and grilling has never sounded so good!

Come on Spring.  Bring. It. On.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great big memory-making day, wasn't it. It was fun to watch the boys play and play but I also enjoyed being with you and your friends plus the added surprise of seeing a co-worker from Maple Manor, Linda Luck. Sweet! Thanks for "the moment", Ang.

    ReplyDelete