Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FIVE Months

Five months have come and gone, and my little miracle is growing before my eyes.  He won't slow down---and I hate it.  I want him to stay a baby forever.  Don't get me wrong, I love to watch him grow, learn new things, and develop his own personality.  I just wish he could do all of that, while staying little.  Is it possible?  No.  And I know that...it just makes me sad to think that my baby is almost a 1/2 year old.  That is just ca-razy!



Onto the fun stats, and a whole lot of pictures.  Because when you have such a cute subject to photograph, it's hard not to take so many.



-Weight:  15 Pounds 

-How much is he eating now:  During the day Weston drinks 5 ounces about every 3 hours.  We have tried cereal, and he doesn't really care for it much.  So I added a little bit of sweet potatoes to it, and he seems to enjoy it a lot more.  Weston will have a bowl of food at supper time, and then have his bottle later that night before going to sleep. 


-Wears size 2 diapers.

-How long does he sleep at night:  Ha.  This question almost brings me to laughter.  Probably because I am partially sleep deprived, and that just causes me to smile about things that generally wouldn't cause me to laugh :)  He goes to bed about 8:00 at night.  Lately...as in the last 2 weeks, he has been up at 11:00, 3:00, and 6:00 for a bottle.  And will be up for good with the 6:00 bottle.  My child clearly doesn't need as much sleep as I do, because this is just a crazy schedule if I have ever heard of one.  Haha.  But it's ok.  I know this is just a phase, and probably won't last long.  Not to mention, the bonding time during the night really is welcomed, and I do enjoy it!  

-What size of clothes is he in:  Weston is in most 6 month clothing, and some 9 month stuff.  I have been having a lot of fun dressing him in some of Carson's clothes, and remembering the special times I had with Carson when he was a baby.  Unfortunately they don't get to wear a lot of the same stuff, due to the different seasons that they were born in, but I am sneaking in a few things here and there.  And having so much fun with it!



-Learned anything new this month:  This little scooter of ours is all over the place!  He rolls from one end of the room-to the other...in a matter of seconds, I swear!  
This month he has really started to get up on his knees and "rock."  I don't think it will be a few months before we have a crawler (this makes me want to cry!)  I feel like Weston has such a strong urge to keep up with Carson, that he needs to get places.  Oh, and he is a very determined little guy......so pair the two together, and I think he will be on the move sooner than I would like :)


-Is Weston a good traveler:  Weston is a pretty good traveler these days.  We went through a little rocky time, but he is a lot better now.  He obviously has his moments, but it's good!  


-Did Weston celebrate any holidays this past month:  No big holidays this month.  But be on the look out the next few months.  Between birthdays and holidays, we are going to be on the go and very busy!


-Recognize anyone new:  I can really tell that he recognizes Mama and Daddy.  It is the highlight of my day--to see his big gummy smile.  He is so happy, and we get to see it often which makes for things to be even more grand!


-Anything else:  Weston is such a happy baby!  He is such a joy to be around, I just can't express my feelings enough about this little soul.  Our family is so complete with him, and I just smile every time I think of the thought that I have two boys at home.



He is still displaying his adorable array of expressions.  He is so full of them, it is too funny!  We all play on the floor at night, and we usually all just laugh at Weston, and his killer cute looks.




Weston has also been drooling a lot an insane amount lately.  We have now entered into this stage, and I remember it so clearly with Carson.  His shirts are soaked, his fingers are always in his mouth, and there is always a string of drool hanging from his mouth.  Always.  But---only a cute baby can pull it off, right?  Weston still has it goin' on!



Just recently he has become a rather "difficult" eater, and will usually only let me feed him.  Carl is getting rather frustrated, but I continue to remind him that this phase will soon pass.  I am adding this to his journal so I can look back on it, and smile as I remember this phase.


Weston is also really enjoying his jumper these days.  He loves to be upright, and be able to look around.  So the jumper is a perfect place for him---he can play with his toys, and look around.  He doesn't miss a beat!


I don't think any one person has come to the conclusion on just how many chins our little guy is sportin'.  Haha.  I absolutely love it!  :)


I have to add this "big milestone" into this journal entry, because Daddy requested it.  He tells me that this should be considered a "holiday"....but I said no.  So, I am at least adding it in somewhere!  This past month, Weston got the opportunity to enjoy his first Monday Night Bengals football game.  This was a BIG deal in our house----let me tell ya!  If you know the Hubby, you know he is a big die hard fan.  All of my boys were decked out in their Bengals attire, and I must admit---I really enjoyed the view of my Men dressed in Black :)




Carson and Weston are the best of friends, and I can see a relationship developing already.  It brings such joy to my soul seeing these brothers interact with one another.  The second Weston hears or sees Carson, he has an instant huge smile plastered on his face.  I could sit and watch the two of them play all day!




I am going to end with these two pictures.  They are so funny to me, and instantly bring a smile to my face!  I mean, who doesn't love baby leg rolls?  I am in love with them.  And the other picture?  Just makes me laugh.  It's like he is so excited to be the little brother.  The picture truly shows what his personality is---so relaxed, and laid back.  He likes to just "hang out."  :) 



My heart is happy thinking about these two little souls that the Lord has entrusted us with!  We are so blessed.

Happy FIVE months to our littlest miracle!

1 comment: