Tuesday, December 6, 2011


Carl and I were so excited when we were leaving the doors at church on Sunday.  Not because the service was over, but because our little Wee Lad took a big step in his little life.  Well, a big step in our eyes.  He made it through his FIRST FULL church service in the nursery!  This is a huge step, seriously.

After about 5-6 failed attempts of him making it no more than 10 minutes in the nursery, we were about ready to give up.  We were about ready to face the fact that we were always going to be those parents with their kids in church.  But, yesterday I thought we should continue to try.  Maybe, just maybe, this would be our lucky day.  And, sure enough, it was!

I dropped him off at the nursery, and I was handed the number 350.  I memorized that number, as I was certain it was to pop up on the screen, no later than the first song we were going to sing.  I about turned around to get him, when I heard him crying "My mommy, no buh-bye."  I was about in tears, but I figured I would be back in a few minutes to get him anyway, and this would be good for him.

After Carl and I walked into the service, our eyes were peeled to the screen.  We didn't take our eyes off of it, as we were focused on the top right hand corner.  That is wear the number 350 would be flashing soon, we were certain.  During the whole service, we were both focused on the screen.  We tried our best to focus on the sermon, but I was so worried, that it was hard.  I know it sounds silly, but if you know our little Wee Lad at all, you would understand this concern.

I am so excited, and thrilled that he made it through the whole service!  Carl and I fought over who would be the one to get him.  I won, as I said I had to be the "bad guy" and drop him off.....that I should most certainly be the "hero" and get to pick him up :)

Yesterday was a big day for our little one.  He probably has no idea what happened, or what is going on, but we do.  We now know he can make it through, so hopefully he continues this trend.  He didn't play at all while he was there, so hopefully he will loosen up a bit, and join in on the fun activities in the future.  He was held the entire hour, and he actually still had his coat and hat on when I picked him up.  But, that is not uncommon these days, for some reason.  We have to coax him into taking his coat and hat off at home sometimes too.  He napped with both things on the other day, because he wouldn't take them off.  Goofy boy! 

That is our latest exciting news.  Sounds pretty silly, huh?!  Ha.  For documentation reasons, remember :)

More exciting news to come!  Stay tuned.  This exciting news may sound a bit more legit to everyone else, opposed to our son making it through a church service in the nursery!  Ha.  :)

1 comment:

  1. All milestones are sweet. And so is the nursery worker who recognized Carson's fear and gave him her lap the whole service.