Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our First Christmas Celebration

On Sunday, we had our first Christmas of the 2011 Season.  We went to my Uncle Wendall's house, where everyone gathered with my Grandparents, in celebration of another year.  Another year of celebrating the true reason of the Season.


There was way too many snacks, way too much food, and everyone was joyful.  We opened a few gifts, and I love to see the faces of everyone as the anticipation is upon them, as to see what is inside each present.  Carson got a few cute track outfits, a fun farm play mat, and a Melissa & Doug clock.  He took right to the clock, and played with it for a long time.  Each number has a shaped block, and he loves to match shapes.  It only took him a few times, and he really caught on quickly.  A few of the shapes are kind of tricky for him, but he really enjoys playing with it.  Now we need to figure out a way not lose any of the 12 numbered blocks.  :)



I really enjoyed that we had our first get together the week before Christmas.  It drags Christmas out, and I love that.  It also makes for a less hectic actual Christmas weekend, because we don't need any help with that.  But, that is the joy of the Holiday, and the fact that we have SO many family members within driving distance.  Which, I wouldn't trade for anything!  I love all the hustle/bustle of the busy Holiday, and all the chaos, tired babies, and full bellies it brings!




And, I don't think that a family get together would be complete with a game or two.  It always makes this more exciting!


What a wonderful time of year.  I can't believe it is nearing the end of another amazing year.  2012 is upon us, and I am so excited to see what the new year is going to bring to our family!

Tis the Season to be Jolly!  :)

1 comment:

  1. By God's Grace you'll have a houseful of babies next year to help celebrate the season. It was pleasant for me to see the whole Sent's family; thanks for sharing, Ang.

    ReplyDelete