Tuesday, August 7, 2012

3 Months Old

Our precious little Weston is three months old already.  That just doesn't seem possible to me.....but then again--neither does the fact that it is August already.  I actually told Carl this weekend that I was going to start buying Christmas gifts already.  No joke.  The mere thought of that is truly mind boggling, and yet I am so proud of myself for actually thinking that far ahead.  But now I need to follow through, and actually start to buy them.  We will see how far I get.  Ha.

Ok.  Back to the littlest of handsome guys that I live with.  There are three to choose from, you know!

It is so fun for us to watch Weston grow, and develop a little personality.  There are things he does like, and things that he doesn't.  Things that he prefers, over those he doesn't care so much for.


-Weight:  13 pounds, according to our bathroom scale.  Equipped with the cutest double chin 'round.


-How much is he eating now:  We have moved Weston up to the big bottles, and he is now drinking 5 ounces every 3 hours or so.  The bottles are a lot bigger, and it is taking some getting used to, as Carson reminds us during every feeding..."Weston's big bottles!?" 

-Wears size 2 diapers.
   
-How long does he sleep at night:  Weston has done really great in this department, up until about 3 nights ago.  He has recently decided that he needs a bottle in the middle of the night again.  I am trying to strongly convince him otherwise, but he just hasn't caught on to my gesture yet.  He sleeps on his belly during the night, and he will occasionally roll over on to his back, which in return makes him very upset.  Apparently he can't sleep on his back...at all.  But, he is human after all, and has preferences just like the rest of us, right?


-What size of clothes is he in:  He fits so nicely in his 3 month clothing, but I have just recently put him in some 6 month outfits as well.  Only because he has so many cute 6 month clothing waiting in his dresser for his handsome little body to display.  So, I am trying my best to display them, without him drowning in his clothes from them being too big.  He is also wearing most of Carson's sleepers, and we have recently moved him up to the 3-6 month size.  It is so fun to pull out the sleepers that Carson wore as a baby, and remember all of the memories we had with Carson when he was this age.  A trip down memory lane is enough to get me teary eyed!
 

-Facial Expressions:  This little guy of ours is full of them!  It is so funny when you talk to him, and he responds by raising his eyebrow, or a big long "OOOOO", which produces the cutest little face with his lips pursed up.


 

-Learned anything new this month:  We have a roller!  Weston rolls from his belly to his back very easily.  He has only gone from his back to his belly a few times, but he doesn't spend much time on his back to get much practice.  He would much rather prefer tummy time over laying on his back.


 
-Is Weston a good traveler:  I feel like this is a question I could answer on a day-to-day basis.  Some trips are great, and others are long and grueling.  Because let's be honest, hearing your little babe scream in the backseat for 30+ minutes, while there is nothing you can do---isn't necessarily music to my ears.  So we hope and pray for good and quiet trips each time we get into the van.
 

-Did Weston celebrate any holidays this past month:  Weston celebrated his first 4th of July!  Along with our first annual Slip n' Slide party.  Which reminds me---I still need to post about both events.  I am behind, big time.  I am hoping to get caught up, and deliver the fun details about both events very soon.  And trust me when I say they were fun!

-Recognize anyone new:  I think Weston recognizes our voices, along with Monster Brother Carson's voice.  You can almost see his face cringe when he hears Carson's voice get closer and closer to his little ears.  Because I am going to be brutally honest---he has every right to cringe.  Brother now refers to kissing baby "Wetin" as a head butt.  Not good.  We are working very hard on that issue.  Other than that, he loves it when people talk to him, and almost always responds with a big smile.  His smile is so precious, and will turn a frown upside down in a blink of an eye.

This

 

Turns into this in a matter of one second:


-Anything else:  Weston prefers belly over back, and Mom over Dad (for right now!)  He loves to listen to the music his swing plays, and look at himself in the mirror--whether it be the big wall mirror in our bedroom, or his play mirror on the floor.  When he sees himself in the mirror, he lets out the most adorable belly laugh you will ever hear.  It is contagious, and I can almost guarantee you can't not laugh or smile when you hear him laugh.  It is the sweetest sound, and my heart instantly smiles.



He prefers being held in your arms over laying on the floor, and bouncing on a hip over his bouncy seat.  He is quick to flirt, and slow to cry.  Is very tolerant of his Big Brother, but when enough is enough, he will let you know.  And truthfully, I can't blame the little guy.  Carson is sometimes so good with him, and other times pushes his limits---too far.  Weston has been having great reports from daycare, and that is so re-assuring to a worried Mama, who misses both her boys dearly during the day.


Weston prefers standing over laying down---anytime.  He is so strong, and we are constantly amazed by his strength.  We remember Carson being the exact same way, and I think we have another tough little guy on our hands.

He has recently been awarded the happiest morning baby I have ever met award!  No, seriously.  I haven't quite figured out how a little human can wake up with instant smiles from ear to ear, and how a constant coo can be generated at such early hours in the morning.  And by my description, you can only assume he doesn't take after his Mama in this area.  Ha. :) 
 

A fist can also be spotted shoved in his mouth at all times these days.  He is constantly sucking on his fingers and fist.  It does make for some cute noises!
 
 
You are so precious to us Weston, and we love you so much.  You are truly our littlest gem in the family, and we all can't get enough of you.  Happy 3 months, little Hunk ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you for the update on your squeezeable little one; I can't wait to "love on him" again.

    ReplyDelete