Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Where to even begin catching up........

That is the question.  A big one, too.  I have been away from this blog for over a year.  For no particular reason, other than I just didn't make it a priority.  I am not sure if I am ready for that commitment again or not, but I do know this----I really enjoy looking at old blog posts, and all of the pictures that go along with them.  So, here is my attempt to jump back into things.  It may be "more pictures, less talk" kind of posts, especially considering my current status of 30 weeks pregnant, which will then deliver another child....AKA: even more busy, but I want to make more of an effort.

I truly don't know where to begin catching up.  I am not sure if I even can.  Ok, I can't.  It's not possible.  So, I will start from my current status.

30 weeks pregnant with Baby Brouwer #3.  A little LADY!!

I am going to go back through, starting from the very first preggo pic I took of myself at 12 weeks, and go up until today, at 30 weeks.  Since I haven't documented them in blog posts, because I have been MIA, I will put them all here.  It's amazing to me to see the changes!



















The boys are SO excited about having a Sister.  Carl and I were just talking about it in bed last night, and how they are so cute right now, and I get so happy when I see their excitement for their Baby Sister to come.  I got teary eyed the other night when Carson muttered the words...."when my Baby Sister comes, I am going to make her a little heart to put in her room."  It may be the pregnancy emotions flooding through me like open gates, but it got me good.

This pregnancy has been good to me....so far.  Just in the recent week or two have I really felt like sleeping has been a huge struggle for me.  Pair that with 4:40am alarm clocks for a workout, and I am ready for bed when the boys go at 8:00pm :)  I have also been having some bad pain with my pelvic bone, which has landed me with chiropractor visits weekly.  They are helping....to an extent.  I was working out 4-5 times a week between Crossfit and Kickboxing, but I have toned that down to 2-3 days a week due to my pain, and the intensity it brings me that particular day.  I am still hoping to continue to workout to the very end, but we will see what the final weeks bring.  My ultimate prayer/wish/hope is for the workouts to aid in my recovery this time around.  My previous recoveries were hell hard, and not the best.....so I am hoping this time around is better.  Because let's face it....I will have a newborn and 2 littles to run after, so I don't have any time to "be down" after the C-Section :)


This time around, Carson "gets" what is happening.  When Weston was born, he was 2 years old, and I don't think he really understood what was going to be happening.  But this time?  He gets that Mommy is going to have a baby, his Baby Sister, and he is extremely excited.  I think Carson will be a big help, and Wes......well, I think he is going to be my struggle.  Mainly because he is my "baby" and I may, or may not, have been treating him like that for all of his life :)  He gets very jealous when I hold other kids, or turn my attention away from him.  So it will be interesting to see how he responds.  Although, with Carson's help, I think he will do just fine.


Carl and I have also been busy in the nursery, and we have been having SO much fun with it so far!  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite rooms in the house, and I am so thrilled with how it is all coming together.  I think I will save the room for a separate post, and I will wait until I am done with it to share.  Because, well, I only get to decorate one little girl's nursery in my lifetime, so I will save that for a post of it's own.  It deserves it ;)  Here is a sneak peek for right now.


Another BIG milestone that I must document, since I am just going to pick up from right now in our lives is......Weston is pretty much potty trained!!  That means, we will have about a 2 month(ish) break from having to buy diapers!  Although, I am buying them already for baby sister, I don't have to buy 2 sizes.  Can I get a Hallelujah?!  This potty training journey has been very smooth, and I almost don't even want to talk about it, because I don't want to jinx ourselves!  Carl started potty training Wes last Sunday.  He put him in underwear, and was happy to take on the challenge.  I left for a few hours to do the grocery shopping/errand running, and Daddy held down the fort.  He said Wes didn't want to go on the toilet, but Carson was right there cheering for him, saying "Go Wes, Go!"  and he finally went.  Wes giggled, and thought it was funny.  That was the very first time he had ever gone on the toilet, so that was a big step for us!  After that, it was almost like Wes knew what it felt like, and had confidence that he could do it.  I think he was accident free for 2 days, and then headed to daycare.  He had one accident there the first day, and that was pretty much it!  I am so extremely proud of him, and how far he has come---and how quickly.  He now goes on his own, and won't even tell you, which is just amazing in my eyes!  He goes, flushes, puts his clothes back on (usually inside out and backwards) and jumps right back into playing.  We started this process on New Years Day, and it went downhill really fast like, so we postponed it.  It is really easy to postpone such a task, if you ask me :)  But, we have come SO FAR in the last week, and I am one proud Mama!  




I have a feeling I am going to be going back on a few things, and "catching up" on some of the fun things that have been going on in our lives these days.  But for right now, I will leave you with that.  I figured I needed to start somewhere, so this is my new starting point.  30 weeks pregnant, and a potty trained little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment